The City of Winnipeg makes social networking sites available as a service and an additional form of communication among stakeholders and citizens. The City of Winnipeg encourages respectful and constructive dialogue on SpeakUpWinnipeg.com.
All content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the poster. Content is described as all materials, including but not limited to: information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, hyperlinks, and messages.
The City of Winnipeg will moderate comments, and reserves the right (but not the obligation) at their sole discretion to edit, move, delete or refuse submissions containing any Inappropriate Content as defined in the Definitions below.
By participating in this site, you agree to
- Treat other users on the site with respect
- Stay on topic by relating your comments to the post that you are commenting on
- Keep your comments to issues, and refrain from personal attacks.
You may not
- Contribute any content that is deemed to be inappropriate (as defined below)
- Impersonate an individual, organization or entity
- Register multiple accounts for the purpose of misleading or misrepresenting others.
- Harass or threaten the safety of anyone using the site
- Use the site for commercial purposes
Inappropriate Content is defined as:
- Comments not topically related to the particular site or blog article being commented upon;
- Comments that are offensive to an individual or an organization, profane, hateful, insulting, rude, abusive, aggressive, or violent;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Messages for advertising purposes;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party;
- Comments written in a language other than English or French;
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages;
- Comments where the sender is not the author; and
- Any other message that the City of Winnipeg feels will not add to the normal flow of conversation/dialogue/debate.
November 8, 2010